Career Technical Education
For information about our Career Technical Education programs, please contact the Coordinator at email@example.com.
STUDENT TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
ZOOM WORKSHOPS (BASIC AND ADVANCED)
If you are interested in a free workshop to learn to use Zoom for online classes, please register here.
For Winter and Spring 2021, MVLA Adult School has transitioned Career Technical Education courses to online distance learning platforms, including Zoom and Google Classroom. Registered students will receive information about the online platform via email prior to the start of their course or program. Students will need to download and install the Zoom application on a computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other device with an Internet connection and microphone/webcam.
NOTE: Due to the current physical closure of the MVLA Adult School, onsite fingerprinting is not available. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) students are required to obtain Live Scan fingerprinting themselves and provide the school with a copy of the results by the first day of class. A fingerprinting form and information about Live Scan locations will be provided during orientation.
WORKSHOPS FOR CNA CERTIFICATE RENEWAL
Certified Nursing Assistants and Home Health Aides: don't allow your certificate to expire! We offer online workshops to meet your continuing education requirements and keep your certificate current. Workshops begin April 6th. View the workshop flyer for more information and register online.
HOME HEALTH AIDE (HHA) TRAINING PROGRAM – May 10-27
Our 3-week evening Home Health Aide (HHA) Training Program begins May 10th! This course is designed for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), and focuses on developing skills related to the care of clients in their own homes. Class meets online Mon-Thu 4:30-8:30pm. View the program flyer for more information and register online.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA) / MEDICAL ASSISTANT (MA) ORIENTATIONS
Please sign up online to attend these free online orientations:
- Fri 4/30 9:00-11:30AM
- Fri 5/21 9:00-11:30AM
WINTER/SPRING 2021 PROGRAMS
Health Science and Medical Technology
- Medical Terminology Fundamentals
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program
- Medical Assistant (MA) Training Program
- Home Health Aide (HHA) Certification Course
- Medical Office Assistant National Certification (NCMOA)
- Medical Records Specialist:
- Electronic Health Record Keeping (EHR)
- Medical Billing and Coding
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Workshops for CNA/HHA Certificate Renewal
Business and Finance
- Small Business Administration – How to Start and Manage a Small Business
- General Accounting Clerk Certificate:
- Accounting 1A: Principles of Small Business Accounting
- Accounting 1B: Principles of Small Business Accounting
- Payroll Records and Procedures
- QuickBooks Pro
Information and Communications Technologies
- Coding Academy:
- Introduction to the Python Programming Language
- NEW: Intermediate Python Programming
- NEW: Adobe Photoshop
- Google Applied Digital Skills