HSD Online Summer School
High School Online Summer School 2020
Orientation directions for Session 1 (6/10/20 - 6/23/20) have been emailed to students who have registered online AND turned in an application. Please complete steps 1-3 by Tuesday 6/9/20. If you have not received the email, please email email@example.com. Session 2 and 3 students will be emailed this week and have until Tuesday 6/23/20 to complete online orientation.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO SUMMER SCHOOL
Service Delivery Model
Online Summer School will be offered through a 100% Distance Learning format.
Students are not required to come in for testing.
Students can access teachers during our Online Office Hours Mon-Fri 9:00AM-3:00PM.
Summer School courses will only be offered to current 11th graders (rising 12th graders) and 12th graders (non-graduating 12th graders).
Health: Only incoming 11th and 12th graders will be eligible to enroll in Health (spacing permitting).
With the exception of Health, courses offered in Summer Session 2020 will be remediation courses only.
PLEASE VIEW FAQ FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION REGARDING ONLINE SUMMER SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY, REGISTRATION, AND REQUIREMENTS.
ONLINE SUMMER SCHOOL SESSION DATES
Session 1: Wed 6/10 – Tue 6/23
Session 2: Wed 6/24 – Wed 7/8 (no school 7/3)
Session 3: Thu 7/9 – Wed 7/22
- REGISTRATION: starting Friday, April 17th at 8:00 AM. For all Academic Remediation courses (with the exception of Health), District high school students should email their counselor at MVHS, LAHS & AVHS for more information. Please submit ALL applications for Health to Ariel.Rojas@mvla.net. Health applications do NOT require counselor approval. For registration instructions, please view this tutorial video.
- ENROLLMENT: Students must register online and submit an application to their counselor no later than Friday, May 15th. NOTE: Seniors will be given priority enrollment.
- CONFIRMATION: Confirmed registration, class assignment, and orientation reminder will be e-mailed to the address associated with your online registration account.
- PROGRAM MODEL: Online summer school is self-paced. Students can access teachers during our Online Office Hours Mon-Fri 9:00AM-3:00PM.
- REQUIREMENTS: In order to receive credit, ALL enrolled students are required to complete an online orientation, make regular progress in their coursework, and complete all assignments, quizzes and projects.
- HSD ONLINE SUMMER SCHOOL COURSES OFFERED 2020:
English - all levels
Biology w/out lab
Chemistry w/out lab
*First and second semester for all courses offered every session.
When registering for a class: If you are an existing student DO NOT create a new account. If you do not remember your password please request a new one. If you are a new student please create a new account. The account MUST be created under the student's name, NOT the parent's name, and each student must have their own account.