- Our School
About Adult School
The Mountain View Los Altos (MVLA) Adult School is an accredited school that is part of the Mountain View Los Altos Union High School District. It has been accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) since 1965 and serves students from San Francisco to Gilroy and Half Moon Bay to Walnut Creek. More than 4,500 adults receive quality instruction and services each year.
In addition, the MVLA Adult School is a Pearson Vue Test Center; an NCCT (National Center for Competency Testing) test site for Medical Assistants, Medical Office Assistants, and Medical Insurance and Coding Specialist; a Certiport approved test center for Microsoft Office Specialist certification (MOS); and a CompTIA approved academic partner.
The MVLA Adult School's main campus is located at 333 Moffett Blvd. in Mountain View between Middlefield and Central Expressway. Students receive instruction and services at ten satellite sites in Mountain View and Los Altos.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Adult School is committed to serving adult learners who will gain the knowledge, skills, and proficiency necessary to achieve personal goals in employment, secondary education, and English language skills in order to become self-reliant and productive members of the community.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Set goals and progress towards them.
- Achieve a measurable increase in knowledge, skills and proficiency in their goal area.
- Be able to apply knowledge, skills and proficiency to employment and continuing education.
MVLA ADULT SCHOOL SCHOOL-WIDE GOALS
- Align curriculum with state standards and apply best practices.
- Improve academic achievement for all students through data-driven instruction.
- Integrate technology-based instruction into core programs and teach students how to better develop their own technological skills.
- Continue to provide quality instruction and services to district students and parents.